The Palos Verdes Woman’s Club is a community organization that was established in 1926 and since then has been devoted to providing social benefit and projects to enhance the community. In 1926, the first activity organized by the Club was a Sunday school program held at Malaga Cove School, that was followed by dance classes and other social functions aimed at bringing together the wide spread residents of the fledgling Peninsula community. These efforts to contribute to our community continued through the lean years of the Great Depression, through World War II and now into the 21st Century.
Recently, the Club has hosted one major fund raising event each year, the Books and Authors Luncheon which is held each fall. This event has become a Peninsula tradition and is the major source of revenue for the Club’s philanthropies. A significant portion of these funds are designated for achievement and community service scholarship awards for graduating seniors from the Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District; the remaining funds are distributed to local charities. See the Fundraising & Events page for more information about this event.